Thursday, August 11, 2005

New Title

Well I broke down and changed the blog title. I never did like the title "Rob for Everyone", it was just a little too...ewww.

So let me explain the new title - Have you ever got in the car, drove to work, got out of the car and come to the pants-crapping realization that you have no flippin' idea how you got there. The whole 20-30 minute drive is completely lost to you with no recollection of it whatsoever?

Well turns out that you were driving in the theta state of brainwave activity, the way slooooowed down state where you do routine and normal activities on autopilot.

It's the state of mind I strive to be in, let me tell you why...

Negative as it may seem on the surface, the theta state is actually a very positive, relaxed state of mind. Rather than being confined to the idea of people locked in the dreary habits of day in & day out routine, the theta state is the state where dreamers and idealists are often at their most creative.

So while I value and welcome the comments of various family and friends, I would like to use this blog as a forum primarily for self-growth, a place that will challenge and change me in various ways...whether it's thinking through serious issues or posting things here that make me laugh, think, feel or all of the above.

So with all that, let's give it another go...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey bro, you reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George stops having sex (voluntarily) and suddenly becomes this genius. Bob, does Kristin have to talk to Karlene about giving you some?

Karlene said...

Umm, no Bryan. We don't need help in that area. Thanks anyway.

Karlene said...

Bob, are you always in that theta stage? I hope not. Is it time for some Neuro Feedback?

Rae said...

I guess I'm in that state while reading, driving if I know the way, but not when hubby's driving (then I'm in a mental state)(or state mental hospital), listening to a sermon I have to right down my thoughts.

Rob said...

Yeah, I need some neuro feedback...strap me in the chair and hook up the electrodes.

Bry Bry, remember...George was an idiot while having sex, a genius while not...believe me the last thing I'm claiming is that I'm a genius.