Friday, June 17, 2005

Dirty Thirty

alt. gay title: Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

So it begins, a third of my life is over...sheesh that feels so weird to say and even weirder to write. Wednesday, I celebrated my thirtieth year on this planet and I have to say so far I am unimpressed. Jesus started his public ministry at age thirty...me, I believe I have the beginnings of quite a tasty case of the carpal tunnel.

I got the obligitory "how does it feel to be thirty" question innumerable times at work, to which I responded "Crappy, thanks!". Actually I gave the obligatory, pat answer "same as twenty-nine, har-har". Man I needed some alcohol after the ninth time, but hard liquor is generally frowned upon before 9 AM.

All kidding aside, I feel great. I've got a job that I look forward to going to everyday. I'm surrounded by great friends, a supportive family, the two cutest kids you'll find anywhere and the most beautiful woman in the world as a wife. Life could be worse! Got a party going on at the house on Saturday, 40's, shorties, pimps, ho's and a stellar jumpy house for the kids. I'll be the guy grilling hot dogs with singed eyebrows (still getting used to the charcoal BBQ). Hit you later!

5 comments:

Karlene said...

Thank you for saying that I'm Beautiful. You're so sweet. I love my Bobby.

Unknown said...

Hey bro, yes a happy birthday to you and I don't want to know how it feels. Just a question...What the hell makes you think you're gonna' live until you're 90? There's a lot of stuff you're going to have to take care of if that's going to happen. I'd list them but neither of us have the time.

Rob said...

Well, well, well..looks like murderer's row stopped by to post, look at all those pictures. Looks like the wall of my local post office.

Thanks guys.

Rae said...

Happy Birthday SIL, we'll be at your house, eating those cinged hot dogs, and laughing over these blogs! (:

Karlene said...

Dude, what's with the cinged hot dog comment? I happen to like black hot dogs.